Tuesday 4 March 2014

DC declares emergency snow starting early Monday

District of Columbia official have declared a snow urgent situation will go into effect early Monday. That means cars parked on snow emergency routes will be ticketed and towed.

D.C. officials announced Sunday that the snow emergency situation will begin at 7 a.m. Monday. The District of Columbia Department of Public Works and Department of Transportation will move cars off snow emergency routes so that snow can be cleared from curb to curb.

Parking limits will remain in effect until officials lift the order.

The fines for parking on a snow routes during emergencies are $250 for the violation and $100 for towing fees. Drivers are also charged $20 per day as a storage fee until cars are claimed.

1 comment:

  1. I hate driving in snow, especially in my ghetto car! My dad works with a towing business and has been doing it for as long as I can remember. It's fun having a dad that can come to the rescue when I am in difficult situations or even when my friend are I know who to have them call. My dad is good at what he does and I want to someday maybe take over his business!
    Holly James | http://www.parkwaywrecker.com/

    ReplyDelete